Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart.
Nutanix Acropolis Data Storage Fabric is (DSF) the core of the Nutanix HCI platform. It manages all metadata and data and enables core storage features. DSF is the underpinning architectural element that connects the storage and computes resources. It allows scalability, resiliency, and performance. Stargate is one of the primary components in DSF and handles the I/O path. It serves clients to read/write requests, offering various storage features like flow control, data avoidance & data reduction features.
Engineering / R&D at Nutanix
The Stargate team is looking for individuals who are in sync with our values and are passionate about distributed systems software development. This is an opportunity to work with software that powers Nutanix Enterprise Cloud. You will get to apply and broaden your expertise in storage, virtualization, distributed systems, cloud services, k8s and AI systems storage.
- Architect, design and develop storage software for a converged computing+storage platform for the software-defined data centre.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
What You Will Bring
- Fully hands-on. Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: C++, go, python, Kernel programming (optional)
- 8 yrs to 20 yrs experience
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux OS and Kubernetes.
- Development experience in file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed storage systems, and Cloud-based storage technologies.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems. Resolve issues related to large-scale data organisation, algorithm scalability, Concurrent programming, asynchronous communication, efficient concurrency, reliability, DR and fault tolerance.
- Improve performance, scale-out and resiliency of our distributed control plane
- Work closely with other development teams, testers, documentation writers and product management to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues
- Understanding of the storage access protocols and features viz. NFS/CIFS/S3/Cloud
- Software development life-cycle like git, code reviews and Jira
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Strong fundamentals in TCP/IP
- Efficiency in designing high-performant and low-latency modules
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, and Xen. VMware preferred
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred