This is a mission-critical role to support Business applications that depend on enterprise data.
The role requires the administration of a highly available Database system, and interaction with business users across the company to support their Enterprise data needs. The DB administrator will work with the ETL team for data ingestion and quality.
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of experience as a DBA in designing, building, configuring, and maintaining preferably PostgreSQL or Oracle databases on Linux.
- Worked with large analytical databases with diverse sets of users and applications.
- In-depth understanding of relational and dimensional database theory and concepts.
- Significant practical hands-on experience with database administration, backup and
recovery, performance tuning and high-availability solutions.
- Detailed understanding of Postgres database server architecture, concepts, features, and high-availability technologies.
- Expert knowledge of PL/PostgreSQL, triggers, materialized views and stored procedure development and optimization in PostgreSQL
- Experience with database replication, hot stand-by, clustering, and table partitioning
- Working knowledge in Linux OS, Bash scripting and Python is
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both in oral and written communication.