Do you love discovering customers’ business challenges and crafting unique solutions for them? Are you ready for an opportunity to transform the way companies work? If you have a passion for Enterprise Cloud Technology and a knack for helping customers understand them; we want to talk to you!
Nutanix (NTNX) is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer (SE) who will act as a trusted advisor to our customer’s beginning as a presales activity while aiding the customer’s transformational journey through the adoption of our solutions portfolio. Your primary responsibility is to partner with the sales team and provide technical knowledge around Nutanix solutions to our customers and prospects. You’ll provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and guide prospects through technical evaluations (POCs) which are critical to the deal's success. Additionally, you will work with various teams to resolve customer concerns, escalate product issues, and serve as an ambassador for our brand.
Sales Engineering at Nutanix
Our Systems Engineering & Solution Sales organization is made up of 800+ customer-focused technical sales professionals who are responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in their field by the Nutanix sales, customer success, business partners, and customers.
- Demonstrate features and articulate benefits of Nutanix solutions to influence customer’s purchases to drive business transformation
- Size and configure Nutanix solutions
- Navigate & build long-term relationships with customers & be seen and treated as their trusted/valued resource
- Communicate customer feedback into the Nutanix ecosystem
- Partner with sales counterparts in developing account plans, customer persona coverage models and proposal creation to recommend and design solutions based on Nutanix offerings
- Collaborate with the wider presales team and obtain technical wins in the shortest and most professional manner
- Manage complex accounts and larger sales transactions
- Be a subject matter expert in one or more Nutanix products
- Be a subject matter expert in one vertical market such as FSI, Telco, Healthcare, Public Sector, etc.
What You Will Bring
- 6 to 9 years of experience in a customer-facing technical role with 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Presales Engineer
- Hands-on technical aptitude, and the agility to adapt according to market demands.
- Team player with cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Analytical approach to solving complex problems, with the ability to clearly describe the situation and suggest a solution strategy.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills in English.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency, and execute detailed action plans.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- A desire to learn and be challenged, and continuously strive for excellence.
- Ability to perform and execute a flawless proof of concept, which at times will require lifting up to 50 lb servers within the datacenter in order to rack and stack the hardware the proof of concept will be executed on.
- Presales experience in data center and cloud technologies such as storage, virtualization, and automation frameworks with a solid level of expertise in technical specifications to sell Nutanix products and services.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more relevant technology disciplines to establish credibility with technical leaders.
- Ability to provide mentorship for new hires and peer colleagues.
About the Team
Meet Marco Del Plato, Manager of Systems Engineering in Italy
- I joined Nutanix in May 2016 and the compelling reason was because of its disruptive nature in the market which still stands true today
- Previous to joining Nutanix, I worked with startups, focused on the Enterprise space.
- I have covered EMEA wide roles as well as building channels in the past
- In my spare time I enjoy playing paddle and am a motorbike enthusiast
- I am looking for someone who is able to integrate with the team and able to keep up with the pace of Nutanix. You must be a team player but also self sufficient and proactive in your approach.
How We Work
Our sales team is a fully hybrid team with the team working throughout the EMEA region. When working from home, you will still feel connected to the team with our weekly meetings, 1-1s and daily slack (instant messaging) chats and we try to swing by the office once every week or so to catch up, socialize and enjoy our amazing office space!