About the Opportunity:
As a Principal Product Manager for Pricing Strategy, you will build recommendations on pricing and monetization strategy. You will drive executive buy-in and guide operations for implementation. You will solve problems which have a direct and high impact on the company topline. Besides superior leadership, analytical, strategic, and mentorship skills, you have displayed superior business judgment.Nutanix has recently completed a transition from appliance centric to a SW centric company. We are in the midst of multiple transitions: from selling term licenses to selling subscriptions, from a single product company to multi-product portfolio, from on-prem SW to a true hybrid cloud provider. You will be part of a pricing and packaging group and you will be playing a key role in these transitions.Your Role
- Define pricing and monetization strategy for new products and optimize for existing products. Build new business models for new offerings. Build models to cross-sell and upsell within products and across the portfolio. Increase adoption of new products. Maximize revenue across products with effective use of pricing and packaging. Identify and drive improvements in volume and ASP. Use competitive insights to make informed changes to pricing strategy.
- Guide business decisions based on evidence and analysis. Influence the executive management team and get agreement on key decisions. Take the decisions through a governance process. Influence the broader cross functional team on why, what, when, how of various initiatives.
- Lead implementation by providing guidance to the team developing various internal systems, deals desk, finance, and accounting.
- Communicate with the broader organizations including sales, marketing, channel, quote support, enablement, and others to solicit input and to share updates on various initiatives. Influence every step in the workflow that may impact the desired end goal of the initiative.
- Define, measure, and monitor key performance indicators and success metrics. Track trends and impact of our actions and changes in the market conditions. Identify and recommend any updates required.
What You Will Bring:
- Experience in strategy consulting, product management, corporate strategy or pricing strategy will be useful to succeed in this role. Experience with enterprise software subscription business is highly desired. Experience with enterprise storage, server, or networking appliances, datacenter infrastructure product/solution offerings will also be useful.
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking. Analyze complex situations that include human and organizational behavior. Separate symptoms from the cause of the problem, build effective solutions efficiently. Ability to zoom in and out between details and the big picture continuously.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to build business cases, communicate effectively with professionally done presentations and write-ups, influence others, and measure success.
- Self-motivated towards the achievement and measurement of established goals. Takes ownership towards delivery of results. Drive deep engagement with cross-functional teams on complex initiatives. Build trusting relationships across teams and with executive team, peers, and business partners. Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization including the C-suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred. Candidates in similar roles with 6-10 years of relevant experience.
About Your Team:
Meet the hiring manager, Haresh Kripalani, VP, Product Management:
- I joined Nutanix in 2016 as part of the Product Management team. I have been very fortunate to participate in many firsts for the company during my entire tenure at Nutanix and it continues to be so even now. Before Nutanix, I had experience in a similar role at another large sized vendor in the data center space. I live with my wife and our seven year old daughter. In my time outside of work, I travel, play with my daughter, and spend time with my family.
- I believe that most people can deliver extraordinary results if they have the grit to do so and if they are in a supportive environment. The leadership team at Nutanix focuses on providing that supporting environment and we hope you bring the grit.
What the Team Says:
- “Each day brings new challenges that fuel my passion for growth and innovation, as it provides a perfect blend of learning opportunities, collaborative teamwork, intellectually stimulating projects, and a fun-filled work environment"
- “I get to work on various strategic projects, collaborate with teams across the organization at various levels. The organization is filled with highly intellectual and committed peers both within and outside the team. Working with them helps bring out the best in me.”
- “I have been entrusted with opportunities and responsibilities that have fueled my career and accelerated my growth. The pricing team is at the intersection of cross functional business problems.”
How We Work:
The pricing team is extremely collaborative. We all support each other in projects and constantly share our learnings. We are based in India and the west coast in the US. We work with teams across the globe. We have a good mix of synchronous and asynchronous work with more of the latter. We respond quickly to evolving needs. We assume complete ownership of our projects, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams. Our projects touch almost every function in the company. Clarity of purpose and clarity of communication and ruthless focus are a way of everyday life.