The Opportunity :
Nutanix is rapidly growing to be a significant hybrid cloud player, and this evolution brings with it interesting new challenges around our consumption of storage beyond the current set of storage components & configurations. In order to keep up with this swift expansion in our delivery platforms while we march ahead on this hybrid-multi-cloud journey, it is highly essential for us both to stay ahead of the technology curve with new innovations in the storage space as well as continue to strengthen the core of our business by expanding our SSD portfolio and delivering the Nutanix experience to our customers across a wide variety of hardware solutions. This role of an SSD NVMe Subject Matter expert (SME), would play a pivotal part in this by owning and delivering on SSD & NVMe roadmap, technology integration, launch, and sustaining activities across all Nutanix delivery platforms.
Your Role :
SSD, NVMe Subject Matter Expert.
- Solid knowledge & hands-on experience on NVMe/SAS/SATA SSDs.
- Deep knowledge & understanding on firmware and device driver internals
- Good knowledge on any one of the coding language (C / C++ or any) & Automation (Python or any)
- Hands-on experience in Linux, ESXi, KVM and/or Container environments (any one)
- A great collaborative spirit, effective communication and decision-making skills to work with cross-functional and remote teams, external partners and vendors.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and resolve customer escalations
- A flair for improving tools, techniques and methods to improve hardware qualification and debugging processes
- Ability to follow technology enablement (NVMe protocol, VMD, SPDK, QLC, Redfish/Swordfish, etc) and constantly validate their need into Nutanix Solutions
What you’ll bring:
- Hands-on from any one of the Storage HBAs (Broadcom/Microchip, SAS/SATA or Tri-mode)
- Hands-on experience with Intel/AMD based platforms (Including BIOS/BMC/IPMI tunings/settings)