SmithRx is developing the next-generation modern pharmacy benefits management (PBM) platform that will change how companies administer and manage pharmacy benefits. Our unified technology platform provides real-time actionable insights that drives cost savings, powers clinical services and results in a brillant customer experience. A unified technology platform exists nowhere in the pharmacy benefit ecosystem to programmatically solve widespread deficiencies. The result is a PBM delivering unmatched service quality and operational efficiency that exceeds all industry standards.
As a Senior Director, you will play a key role in the continual improvement of SmithRx’s internal technology systems and cloud operations. You will be the senior leader responsible for helping SmithRx scale while adhering to industry best practices and common security frameworks. This position will be responsible for planning, development, operations and support of information technology (IT) infrastructure, cloud operations infrastructure, communications and procurement.
What will you do:
- Drive and collaborate on the strategic roadmap of infrastructure decisions while improving the resiliency, scalability, and performance of SmithRx core infrastructure.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper security practices to meet security and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Scale, mentor, and enable learning in the IT, DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure teams.
- Champion reliability, performance, and scale of infrastructure services focusing on metrics and data-driven decision-making.
- Develop and implement business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for ongoing improvement of infrastructure and Cloud operating costs.
- Development of KPIs and other business-related metrics for use by senior and executive leadership.
- Supervise all applications, services, and the hosting infrastructure effectively, efficiently, and within budget and project timelines.
- Build and establish an L3 Operations arm accountable for solution Engineering, Operations Monitoring, and L1/L2 playbooks used within the command center area for 24/7 support.
- Own team's operational excellence, including creating and monitoring metrics and alarms in a continuous process improvement environment.
- A strong technical leader that has driven large-scale complex projects across multiple teams and emphasized creating enterprise-grade platform capabilities.
- Own processes to continuously improve SmithRx stance regarding automation and tools that are scalable and reliable.
- Develops, coordinates, guides, and maintains IT system’s strategic and operational plans in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Ability to develop, articulate, and successfully execute a compelling vision to improve his/her areas of responsibility within IT in partnership with the rest of the company.
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or a similar field.
- 12+ years' experience in building & running Datacenter or Cloud operations, and 8 years’ experience in leadership roles.
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience in 24x7x365 cloud operations or SaaS Operations.
- Experience in AWS Cloud operations and a strong understanding of Kubernetes.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party service platforms.
- Experience with configuration management systems and associated automation.
- Experience managing compliance standards, including SOC2.
- Strong Leadership and team-building skills.
- Expert in managing Infrastructure to achieve 99.999% uptime with high velocity on ticket resolution and issue remediation.
- Strong understanding of SecOps and DevOps concepts such as CICD, Infrastructure as Code, Access Control and Continuous Improvement and Observability.
- Ability to quickly drill down to solve problems and take ownership of the resolution.
- Experience with GitHub, Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, Atlassian, Kandji, and Salesforce.
- Experience building and leading a high-performance team across multiple geographies.
- Positivity; non-dogmatic, team-first attitude.
- Flexibility; someone who is extremely responsive and comfortable with ambiguity.