The Engineering team at SmithRx is developing the next-generation modern pharmacy benefits management (PBM) platform that will change how companies administer and manage pharmacy benefits. Our unified technology platform provides real-time actionable insights that drives cost savings, powers clinical services and results in a brilliant customer experience. A unified technology platform exists nowhere in the pharmacy benefit ecosystem to programmatically solve widespread deficiencies. The result is a PBM delivering unmatched service quality and operational efficiencies that exceeds all industry standards.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the Director of Engineering (DE) will join the company’s engineering leadership team and lead the company’s efforts to build, modify, and improve SmithRx’s PBM solutions for our customers.
What will you do:
- Management. DE will manage and lead the execution of software engineering team deliverables associated with their vertical. DE will provide guidance, mentorship, and career pathing to all members of the team, and will be looked at to unleash the full potential of all employees in the technical organization. DE will provide day-to-day, direct management of existing teams.
- Recruiting. DE will lead our efforts to grow and scale our technical organization. The team is set to double in size over the coming months and will continue to scale as the company grows. DE will work with recruiting partners to source, screen, interview, and close top engineering talent to join SmithRx.
- Technology. DE in close partnership with the Vice President of Engineering helps guide key technical decisions around SmithRx’s architecture, infrastructure, and technical roadmap. DE will not be an individual contributor from a technology standpoint but will use deep technical knowledge and expertise to prioritize work and guide the team in its efforts.
- Leadership. DE works collaboratively with other functional leaders to help scale and deliver on key objectives.
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- BS or advanced degree in computer science or applicable experience
- 12-15 years of software development experience
- 8+ years of experience building, leading, and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure in a startup and/or corporate environment.
- Be a leader of leaders.
- Provide operational excellence and implement processes, best practices, and policies that continue to create efficiencies during a time of massive growth.
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management to a mix of new and seasoned engineers and managers.
- Metrics driven and passionate about rapid experimentation and improvement.
- Ability to go deep and broad on technology.
- Be the embodiment of our core values (courage, integrity, together), and further invest and shape the culture of our team.
- Experience building, leading, and scaling high-performing engineering organizations
- Experience building highly scalable systems as it applies to architecture, technologies, and people
- Experience navigating through ambiguity of blue-sky, undefined consumer product, data collection, and analysis.
- Ability to recruit and scale a team to 40+ engineers.
- Establish strong relationships and trust with cross-functional leaders.
- Located in California or on PST time a plus
- Experience delivering consumer-grade apps in highly regulated and highly transactional space, a plus