Wunder Mobility is the world’s leading provider of software and hardware for scooter, bike, moped, and car sharing. The mobility tech company provides robust and feature-rich white-label solutions that enable enterprises, startups and cities worldwide to launch and scale sharable station-based and free-floating fleets to deliver sustainable, convenient and secure mobility. Its industry-defining full-stack solution for mobility is complemented by a catalog of IoT-connected hardware built in partnership with leading manufacturers.
More than 100 customers use the Wunder Mobility platform to monitor, manage and finance shared vehicle fleets, to optimize daily operations and add comfortable on-demand mobility to existing transport modes in more than 900 cities across six continents.
The global Wunder Mobility team, which encompasses more than 40 nationalities, consists of veterans from the technology and mobility industry 50% of whom work in product and engineering. Wunder Mobility was founded in 2014 by Gunnar Froh. The headquarters are in Hamburg, with additional locations in Dortmund and Los Angeles.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will join a cross functional team and work with PHP and Typescript to build scalable and reliable applications. You will be working on a high traffic and high availability platform, with several millions of API calls daily. Your contributions will directly impact the success of our customers and will support our mission of accelerating the global transition to sustainable mobility!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Work to build our new generation of API’s
Improve our reservation processes
Improve the codebase we use to communicate with our vehicles
Improve quality and strive for continuous innovation with regards to our product, technology stack and software architecture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
* If you’re interested in the position but don’t feel you fit all the requirements 100% we still encourage you to apply!
5+ years of experience in software development with at least 3 years of experience with PHP and/or Typescript
Knowledge of, and experience with, distributed systems and Cloud Computing platforms
Experience with Git
Previous experience designing and implementing APIs
Experience with SQL
Ability to solve complex technical challenges through experimentation and teamwork
High sense of autonomy and great communication skills in English
Eagerness to learn new platforms and technologies
WHAT GIVES YOU BONUS POINTS
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience with DataDog, Sentry, Github Actions
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full responsibility from day one, opportunity to work with newest technology and knowledge sharing with a collaborative team, all in welcoming, dog friendly office
- Opportunity to work from home up to 2 days/week
- Competitive salary and Apple equipment to enable your success
- Public transportation card OR Gym membership OR Mobility budget with our partner RYDES
- Daily focus time and Meeting-Free-Wednesdays to enable your efficiency, Bi-annual Development Dialogues to support your career growth and an onboarding buddy
- Communities of practise, Hackathons and developer manifesto
- Regular team and company wide events within an international culture
- Referral bonus up to 5000 euros, if we hire a new team member through you!
JOINING THE WUNDER MOBILITY TEAM MEANS...
Being part of a team that celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression. You will find yourself surrounded by talented people who are passionate about what they do and who feel empowered and trusted to take ownership in their roles. We are growing quickly in a challenging industry, which means we act smart and work at a high speed.
We are able to do this because of the agile, adaptive, and supportive environment we work in, with an aim to grow with people who share these values and are better than ourselves. As part of Wunder Mobility, every day is a new chance for you to make an impact and help us be better than we were yesterday.
Wunder Mobility continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of colour and people from the LGBTQIA(+) community. In your application, please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).