Wunder Mobility is the leading software and hardware provider for vehicle sharing. Our highly customizable and deeply integrated software solution is complemented by a sharing-ready vehicle program built in partnership with leading manufacturers.
Operators of bike-, scooter-, and car-sharing systems in over 200 cities on five continents are relying on Wunder technology to complete millions of trips per month. Wunder Mobility was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany.
The global Wunder Mobility team, which encompasses more than 25 nationalities, consists of veterans from the technology and mobility industry 50% of whom work in product and engineering.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
As a mobility tech company, we challenge the status quo of transportation through our product and through the collaboration with our customers. As an employer, we challenge the traditional approach to career development by offering our employees goal oriented, purpose driven, and skill strengthening “missions”. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will join our team to focus your expertise on our vehicle free floating SaaS product. Your mission will be to lead system verification testing activities by defining and implementing our QA automation strategy. You will be responsible for ensuring our platform and features meet our customers’ requirements and our quality standards, at various stages in its development. This mission is for 1 year and is possible in a remote set up.
You help us move one step closer to becoming the best mobility tech company in the world by ensuring our products are fast, reliable, and scalable.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Identify and create detailed test case scenarios for manual and automated tests
- Work closely with the software engineers to create a testing strategy by involving yourself early in the feature development processes to help anticipate bugs
- Perform testing of new features as they are developed
- Participate in the manual part of our regression test
- Automate the regression tests suite
- Create and maintain automated UI tests for mobile and frontend applications
- Use defect tracking tools to log, track and refine issues
- Communicate progress and results of testing to the team and stakeholders
- Generate metrics related to the results for cycles of testing, such as automation coverage
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
* If you’re interested in the position but don’t feel you fit all the requirements 100%, we still encourage you to apply!
- 4+ years of experience as a Software QA Engineer, with a minimum of 2 years of experience testing mobile applications and its APIs
- Knowledge of backend services development and underlying infrastructure concepts like horizontal scaling, high availability
- Ability to coach others about quality assurance processes and concepts
- Experience with REST API tests, Espresso and XCTest
- Experience with testing native mobile applications (Android, iOS)
- Experience with testing web apps using one of the following Browser Testing tools: webdriverIO, cypress, playwright, puppeteer, or similar
- Automation for REST API experience using HTTParty, RestAssured or similar
- Experience designing test cases for new features and for bugs found in the field
- Attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate, reproduce and document defects
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in English
WHAT GIVES YOU BONUS POINTS
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Git version control system and webdriverIO
- Experience with Gherkin and Gradle
- Experience working in Jira, Testrail, Browser Stack, Appium
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full responsibility from day one, opportunity to work with newest technology and knowledge sharing with a collaborative team
- Competitive compensation
- Daily focus time and Meeting-Free-Wednesdays to enable your efficiency, Bi-annual Development Dialogues to support your career growth and an onboarding buddy
- Communities of practise, Hackathons and developer manifesto
JOINING THE WUNDER MOBILITY TEAM MEANS...
Being part of a team that celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression. You will find yourself surrounded by talented people who are passionate about what they do and who feel empowered and trusted to take ownership in their roles. We are growing quickly in a challenging industry, which means we act smart and work at a high speed.
We are able to do this because of the agile, adaptive, and supportive environment we work in, with an aim to grow with people who share these values and are better than ourselves. As part of Wunder Mobility, every day is a new chance for you to make an impact and help us be better than we were yesterday.
Wunder Mobility continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of colour and people from the LGBTQIA(+) community. In your application, please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).