- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Data Analytics & Infrastructure
- Post Date: 02/01/2023
- Website: nutanix.com
- Company Address: 1740 Technology Dr. Suite 150, San Jose, CA, 95110
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About NutanixNutanix makes infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. The Nutanix enterprise cloud platform leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence.
San Francisco, CA, US,Portland, OR, US
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion-dollar enterprise data center market by pioneering an enterprise cloud platform that leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence. Our vision is to make infrastructure invisible, so IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
The Nutanix Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) is a technical field management position, and serves as the resource for the Pre-Sales Systems Engineering team.
The SEM will have leadership responsibility for the Systems Engineers within the West Enterprise vertical, and will act as a working manager. It is expected that the SEM can perform all of the functions that a Nutanix Systems Engineer does including running Proof of Concepts. The SEM will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the Regional Sales Director.
About the team
Our Americas Systems Engineering organization is made up of 300+ customer-focused technical sales professionals who provide pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. Our System Engineering organization collaborates and partners with our sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners, and customers.
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers into the territory.
- Responsible for training and mentoring new Systems Engineers on the team.
- HR responsibility for Systems Engineers in the territory (expenses, reviews, etc).
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, solving problems and challenging customer environments.
- Take ownership in ensuring channel enablement is ongoing.
- Cultivate channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict, or vacation coverage.
- Provide support point for pre-sales and post sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory.
- Prior management experience desirable.
- Deep knowledge of the virtualization and storage markets as well as design capabilities.
- About 50% travel within region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- 'Can do' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ Years experience as a pre-sales Sr. Systems Engineer.
- Ability to lead multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans
- The highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem solving skills
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, and/or server technologies is helpful
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $211,200 and $316,800/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled. We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting CandidateAccommodationRequests@nutanix.com.
Notice to Applicants Re: Fraudulent Recruiting Scams, please review the following link [consumer.ftc.gov] to safeguard yourselves. Candidates seeking jobs at Nutanix have recently been targets of these recruiting scams including FAKE G-mail accounts posing as ACTUAL recruiters on our team, so please safeguard yourselves by following instructions in the link. If you have any concerns surrounding suspect recruiting practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for verification. Please do NOT send resumes to this email address; applicants should apply directly to the job to be considered.