- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: FinTech
- Post Date: 01/23/2023
- Website: addepar.com
- Company Address: 303 Bryant Street 3rd Floor, Mountain View, CA, 94041
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AddeparAddepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place.
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London and Edinburgh, Scotland.
Being a part of the AddeU Internship Program, you will be working on a meaningful project(s) that you can feel proud of and present back to the company at the end of the experience. In addition to having a supporting manager and mentor, we have a fantastic onboarding program to get you acclimated and ready for your time with us. Fun events and super cool swag are also included!
At the moment, our 12 week internship experience is remote. Dates are currently set for May - August, 2023 but please advise your recruiter. Seeking US and Canadian students only.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer Intern! In this role, you will have the opportunity to use the newest technology stacks to build the next generation of global scalable market data ingestion and redistribution platform in Addepar. It is the core backbone for portfolio analytics, insights, and reporting that the entire Addepar platform depends on. It is highly data intensive and very business critical. We want people who are hardworking and care deeply about the success of the whole company. We look for driven engineers with real technical depth and a desire to understand the end business.
Engineering is at the core of Addepar, and we are looking to add the best, brightest, and most hard-working software engineers to our team. If you are passionate about doing the best work of your career and you enjoy the rush of shipping high quality code to production every day we’re excited to meet you! Our software engineers come from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs to finance tech veterans. What they have in common is tremendous talent and dedication to architecting, implementing, and shipping high quality software.
What You’ll Do
- Implement engineering solutions to tackle complex problems; write well-designed, testable code.
- Manage the intern project’s priorities, deadlines, and work.
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers, product managers and collaborators on the intern project.
Who You Are
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the UK) & must be returning to school after internship
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks
- Outstanding talent in software engineering. Ability to write high quality object oriented code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of development standard processes and experience working in a team.
- Ability to explore complex problems spaces objectively from multiple points of view.
- General familiarity with some of the technologies we use:
- HTTP, REST and web API best practices.
- Java, Python, MySQL, Kafka, AWS
- Linux proficiency, basic shell scripting and a solid grasp of systems level programming is a plus.
- Specific experience in or knowledge of financial data systems is a plus.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.