- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Data Analytics & Infrastructure
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: sqream.com
- Company Address: 7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich Street, New York, 10007
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About SQream TechnologiesSQream provides an analytics platform that minimizes Total Time to Insight (TTTI) for time-sensitive data, on-prem and on-the-cloud. Designed for tera-to-peta-scale data, the GPU-powered platform enables enterprises to rapidly ingest and analyze their growing data – providing full-picture visibility for improved customer experience, operational efficiency, and previously unobtainable business insights.
SQream develops a high performance database for (very) big data, deployed both on-prem and on cloud environments.
We are looking for a strong Senior C++ developer to join our core developer team, developing our massively parallel SQL query engine. Our team uses a mixture of in-house developed tools in order to develop a cutting-edge database which harnesses powerful NVidia GPUs.
As a team member, you'll be involved in designing and developing new features for our core product components to be used in our on-prem and cloud based SQream DB solutions.
Other responsibilities include maintaining existing C++ code, designing and implementing new features and abilities to the product, and being part of an agile development R&D organization.
- Be responsible for a diverse technology stack
- Collaborate effectively. The role will require you to work closely with other Engineering teams
- Proactively look into new technologies available to us and, when appropriate, drive their adoption in the team
- Run projects from conception to delivery
- Promote modern technical approaches to every stage of software development
- Have at least 6 years of experience in C++, writing and maintaining large codebases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Experienced with Linux
- Excellent technical communication
- Strong problem-solving skills along
- Ability to work independently
- Have a thorough knowledge of multi-threading, high-performance code
- Highly motivated, confident, a quick learner and team player
- Familiar with Cloud computing architecture and implementation
- Have good familiarity with Database engines internals
- Are experienced with GPUs, specifically CUDA