- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Health Tech
- Post Date: 11/17/2022
- Website: zone7.ai
- Company Address: 550 California Ave., Palo Alto, CA
About Zone7Zone7 helps athletes, coaches and medical professionals bridge the gap between maximum performance and avoiding injury. We use AI-driven pattern recognition to predict injuries and simulate how changes in training and working impact performance and injuries. Data is collected from wearables, medical profiles and physio & screening products to ensure the utmost accuracy and trust.
Zone7 is a cloud-based platform delivering AI algorithms that support professional sports organizations in their constant efforts to reduce the risk of injury and improve athlete performance. By analyzing data from various streams for thousands of athletes, we find patterns that lead to injury or peak performance and apply these learnings to create optimal recovery and workload plans. We work with soccer, NFL, and rugby teams in the US, UK, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and more. Teams using our platform report a reduction in injuries and absences of 65%.
We have seen serious traction over the last six months and recently closed a Series A round to help us scale. This role will be a crucial part of that success.
The company has offices in Palo Alto, London, and Tel Aviv and is backed by VC firms Blumberg Capital, Resolute Ventures, and UpWest, as well as athletes such as Kristaps Porzingis, Jordi Cruyff, and Phil Jones.
We’re looking for a data analyst that can combine excellent data crunching skills with an understanding of the professional sports setting to perform and take ownership of key processes such as integration of new teams, data quality monitoring, and the R&D team’s internal BI framework. You will learn pro sports teams’ routines, schedules, data management framework, and decision-making processes. You’ll have the chance to work closely with customer success to assess our platform's impact in real-life environments. Additionally, you’ll work with Data engineers and scientists to develop our data processing framework and monitor the outputs of our forecasting models.
This is truly a pivotal position in the company's R&D group and requires creativity, responsibility, accountability, and the ability to take ownership.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze and visualize data that quantifies professional athletes’ workload and movement, training routines and schedules.
- Create reports and monitoring tools to allow automated data analysis and ensure maximal data integrity.
- Research and integrate new tools and methods to enrich datasets.
- Develop and maintain the R&D group’s BI framework.
- Become a domain expert in professional sports performance.
- Take a key part in customer integration processes and in onboarding new teams onto our platform.
- Work closely with customer success to generate an analysis of our platforms impact in real-life environments.
- Support our live users day-to-day in their quest to improve player availability using the Zone7 platform.
Skills and Requirement:
What You Need
- One year of hands-on experience using Python
- On year of experience as a data analyst
- Knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Experience working with cloud providers (i.e., AWS)
- A high degree of self-learning capabilities, alongside being a team player at heart
- A high sense of responsibility and accountability
- Experience working in small, fast-paced startup companies is an advantage
- Experience with data modeling & relational databases is an advantage
- Experience in professional sports environments is an advantage as well