- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Health Tech
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: smithrx.com
- Company Address: 300 Brannan St Suite 601, San Francisco, CA, 94107
About SmithRxSmithRx is the next-generation pharmacy benefit partner built on a modern technology platform that creates new levels of flexibility, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. It’s a new path forward that aligns incentives and harnesses data analytics to deliver an exceptional pharmacy benefit product.
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
SmithRx has grown exponentially over the last several years. This is an exciting time to join the SmithRx sales team as a foundational team member.
SmithRx’s core market is small- to mid-sized self-insured employers with up to 10,000 employees. As evidenced by our growth to date, our solution delivers significant value to our clients - mostly in the form of significant savings on their drug plan costs. The key metric of success for the Sales Manager is to add net ARR to SmithRx’s P&L, through winning clients (employer groups) and members (employees) to the SmithRx book of business.
A successful Sales Manager will genuinely value and enjoy building relationships with our partners and clients, understand how to communicate SmithRx’s value proposition, and work collaboratively with other Smith teams and teammates.
What will you do:
- Take ownership of a defined set of existing Smith partner relationships, and expand our business with those partners
- Research, identify and build contacts and relationships in the industry to land new customer prospects and targets to acquire new business
- Collaborate with teammates in Sales, Clinical Services, Data Analytics and Customer Success to generate proposals, repricings (quotes), and RFP responses
- Ensure that new clients are successfully handed off to the post-sales delivery team for onboarding, including overseeing the timely execution of client contracts
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to ensure that our existing clients are being well-served and our channel partners are promoters of SmithRx. As a business whose sales are driven through channel partners, ongoing client performance is a critical component of effective selling
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to produce effective sales materials, performance reports, and other collateral which will support our sales process.
- Develop and actively maintain sales forecasts across assigned accounts and new lines of business
- Measure and report results of sales and plan execution
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- 2-5 years of documented success in software or healthcare sales
- Experience in the software and/or employee healthcare benefits industries is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Relationship building skills which will enable strong connections with channel partners of all types all throughout the country.
- Results driven mentality which will enable the Sales Manager to achieve his/her sales targets.
- Creativity and initiative which will enable the Sales Manager to overcome the challenges that inevitably arise when selling in a complex industry.
- Ability to collaborate constructively and positively with teammates and partners, even under the stress of a face-paced business environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills to enable integration of Sales Manager efforts with SmithRx’s internal systems and teammates.
- Curious, hungry, and excited to improve the US healthcare system through cutting-edge technology that puts patients and their employers first.
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities