- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: FinTech
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: trulioo.com
- Company Address: 1055 West Hastings Street Floor 12, Vancouver, BC, V6E 2E9
About TruliooTrulioo offers the most robust and comprehensive global identity verification solution in the market. Through one single portal/API, Trulioo can assist you with all your AML/KYC identity verification requirements by providing secure access to over 5 billion identities worldwide. Trulioo’s mission is to create products that solve online identity verification challenges in a way that is accessible to both SME and large enterprise customers.
At Trulioo, we build and connect digital identity networks around the globe, and this framework of trust empowers businesses to assess the various risks associated with digital identities. Our mission is to build trust online. Digital services hold the promise of allowing anyone to interact and transact with anyone, anywhere. However, the threat of bad actors gets in the way of our connectedness; the global village only works if we trust each other.
We are a Silicon Valley-funded tech company solving the problems of trust and safety online. To realize that goal we’ve built the world’s leading identity verification platform, enabling instant verification of 5 billion people and 250 million businesses in more than 100 countries. With offices in Vancouver, San Diego, Austin, and Dublin, we’ve fostered a world class team committed to building trust online. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. At Trulioo, we truly believe “everyone is someone” and we invite you to join our mission and celebrate the positive change we are making in the world.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Finance Manager is responsible for leading and managing the accounting team. Involves a mix of leadership and the ability to complete initiatives individually. This position will oversee day-to-day finance operations and be responsible for managing the month-end close process.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage and support monthly billing of customers, ensuring that invoices, discounts and credits are correctly calculated.
- Responsible for monitoring receivables and acting as the finance point of escalation for customer payment issues.
- Responsible for the Procure to Cash process, including procurement policy enforcement, employee expenses and vendor payments
- Oversee the utilization of the Finance tech stack – taking advantage of updates and new offerings to improve efficiencies.
- Ensuring appropriate controls are maintained for user permissions and access to finance systems.
- Implement and manage treasury policies as required
Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Managing and leading the month-end close process – review and approval of journal entries, reconciliations and working papers
- Responsible for timely reporting of corporate metrics and regular management packages, including applicable variance and change analysis
- Assist and support annual audits, including foreign subsidiaries
- Identify, suggest, and implement process improvement initiatives
- Provide finance support and expertise on cross-functional projects
- Participate in process and policy creation - recommending best practices.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
- Leadership: Ability to teach, mentor, and grow the team
- Accountability: Take ownership of personal responsibilities
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex business operations
- Ability to see the Big Picture: Possess the ability to understand the impact that actions and decisions may have in other areas and work cross-functionally to make improvements
- A proactive approach with a constant desire for effecting improvement
- Commitment to quality and process with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in managing assigned tasks and projects from inception to completion
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a financial management role
- Experience in Technology or US GAAP recommended
Working at Trulioo