- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Transportation & Mobility
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: www.slync.io
- Company Address: , Dallas, Texas
About Slync.ioSlync.io is the innovator behind the first purpose-built operating platform for global shippers and logistics service providers that delivers higher productivity and process efficiency through intelligent automation.
Slync.io is the first purpose-built logistics operating platform that delivers Logistics Orchestration™ to transform the way shippers, logistics service providers, and carriers manage global operational issues and multi-enterprise data. An API-driven platform, Slync.io connects disparate systems, ingests structured and unstructured datasets, orchestrates teams and automates processes seamlessly together for multi-enterprise transparency and friction-free collaboration for your end-to-end logistics operating network. Slync.io is proud to support users across four continents and happy to call three of the top 5 freight forwarders worldwide our customers.
Slync.io is Intelligent Automation for Global Logistics.
We are a dynamic, agile, and driven group of problem solvers that deliver unparalleled results for our customers by solving critical challenges in the lives of daily logistics operators. Our diverse team comes from all over the world, from other successful startups, big tech companies, logistics service providers, and supply chain technology leaders. We’re looking for motivated and exceptional people to join us on our exciting journey to revolutionize the logistics software industry globally.
Slync.io’s operations are headquartered in Dallas, Texas. See for yourself what else Slync.io has been up to visit Our Slync.io Blog.
About the Role:
Are you an Engineer who is passionate about achieving Quality and enjoys learning new systems and technologies? We are looking for you! Slync.io is looking for an SDET to join a team of highly motivated Quality Engineers working to design and develop automation frameworks, regression test packs, and technical quality
solutions as they work alongside cross-functional teams. This role involves designing and developing automation frameworks used for API and UI layer E2E testing. The SDET is responsible for taking a DevOps approach to Quality efforts while automating functional tests to evaluate and maintain the Quality of the Slync.io platform and
systems. The team you will work with are geographically distributed throughout the US, Canada, India,
- Apply test automation engineering expertise to peer reviews and development efforts
- Support QA activities by planning, designing, developing, executing, and reporting on automated testing activities against Back-End RESTful API’s and Front-End GUIs
- Act as a source of information for the business and engineering team to support smarter project test considerations and decisions
- Provide demos to stakeholders
- Troubleshoot technical issues, report on findings, and escalate issues as necessary
- Spend a portion of your time learning about new systems and technologies; you will be expected to contribute to documentation and support the team with peer to peer training
- Stay abreast of modern and emerging technologies, be mindful of the needs of the business, and to help inform our decision making
- Have an understanding of the value derived from shipping quality code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- You will work in an agile environment with a cross-functional, highly collaborative global team
- You will work closely with Engineering and Product
A commitment to Quality is essential, and you should expect to follow best practices such as continuous improvement, risk management, and peer reviews.
There are a number of skills and qualities you must have in order to succeed in the role.
- You must be highly experienced in the development, maintenance and management of robust automation frameworks and systems.
- You must be strong in troubleshooting systems and technical issues and have solid experience with testing solutions such as Selenium or Cypress.io
- You must be self-driven and motivated, be able to manage your own time, and be able to compartmentalize your home life from your work life while in a fast paced environment.
- You must be an excellent communicator, contribute in a timely manner, and be thoughtful and considerate of how others interpret your messages.
- 4+ years experience designing and developing automated tests
- Extensive experience working with E2E testing processes and methodologies/frameworks
- Deep experience with SDET/QA methodology & software development processes, e.g. Agile and Scrum
- Experience with tools such as Gitlab
- Experience with multiple types of testing including functional, performance, usability, reliability, security, and maintainability
- Experience with JUnit, Selenium, Cypress, Nightwatch, or similar
- Understanding of back-end architecture, API’s, queues, databases
- Experience with Docker or similar
- Experience with ElasticSearch or similar DB
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
Nice to haves:
- Experience with tools such as Insomnia, FileZilla, Atlassian products
Slync.io is excited to offer full-time roles with a competitive base salary, unlimited vacation, comprehensive medical, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance as well as pre-tax flexible spending accounts for transportation commuter benefits, healthcare savings accounts, 401K, and monthly communication allowances. We also host team-building activities and provide a great environment to accelerate your career and personal life.
Slync.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization. Slync.io is an e-Verify company.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.