Coop Software Development (Winter 2022)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: hootsuite.com
- Company Address: 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T4S8
About HootsuiteHootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80% of the Fortune 1000. Our unparalleled expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem help people and organizations succeed with social.
Hootsuite’s Developers would love to help Computer Science Coop students develop their technical skills and knowledge about people, process, and technology by working with students over their Coop term. You’ll pair with a mentor and work at our Vancouver office side-by-side with a passionate, egoless team having fun building something bigger than themselves. Experience what it’s like to make a difference in people's lives by building the products that our customers turn messages into meaningful relationships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with mentors to learn the craft of Software Development
- Collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high-quality software to Production
- Participate in code reviews to continually improve your craft and approach to problem solving
- Iterate in an agile fashion; creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental changes
- Work-out-loud by sharing your work and experiences internally and with our community
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience shipping code or a demonstrated interest in programming or technical skills
- A demonstrated history of creative thinking and collaborative problem solving
- A drive to complete things because you want to, not because you have to
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Courage: steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Read more about our people, process, and technology on our Code blog http://code.hootsuite.com
See what our university co-ops do and say about working at Hootsuite http://code.hootsuite.com/co-ops/
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.