- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: hootsuite.com
- Company Address: 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T4S8
About HootsuiteHootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80% of the Fortune 1000. Our unparalleled expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem help people and organizations succeed with social.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Product Design to help inspire, grow and oversee a team of Product Designers, Team Leads and Design Managers across multiple portfolios. You’ll be responsible for helping drive core strategy, vision, and alignment across your portfolio areas, and within the Product Design department.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, maintain, and extend a deep understanding of Hootsuite's holistic product, business objectives, customers, and competition, in order to contribute to decision making processes within the Product Design department.
- Enable and support your team to nurture a strong, collaborative partnership with their agile squad of product managers, software developers and other designers. Collaborate effectively and build bridges with Senior Leadership to drive strategic direction for the Product Design team, and maintain alignment across the Hootsuite Product.
- Actively mentor your team (your direct reports) as well as other individual contributors on the wider Product Design Team through thought leadership. Recommend changes to team processes or policies to ensure the team is running effectively, efficiently, and maintains a high level of engagement.
- Define, lead, and oversee design initiatives for your portfolio(s) - defining overall goals, process, and outcomes, and proactively reporting changes to Product Design leadership and key product stakeholders. Create an environment that allows a high functioning team to thrive by continually assessing resource/capacity and skills/competency gaps, and making recommendations to Product Design leadership.
- Collaborate effectively with Senior Product leadership, to drive vision and strategic direction for your portfolio(s), and maintain its alignment across the Hootsuite Product.
- Provide direct supervision to individual contributors and supervisors on your teams (your direct reports), helping to manage overall workload, set work prioritisation, and continually assess their contributions and development, providing clear and actionable feedback.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive experience designing for Enterprise and B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes.
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate strategic, visionary, creative, and user centered design leadership in order to solve complex problems.
- Ability to direct and supervise a wide range of appropriate UX design activities for complex problems such as: user research, workshop facilitation, strategy and vision development, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing. Ability to drive planning and prioritization activities.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as complex technical requirements, in order to lead and align teams to deliver exceptional designs
- Ability to identify opportunities and create clarity out of ambiguity. Ability to deconstruct product strategy into pragmatic achievable projects, and enable and support a team of UX designers to find solutions, implement and launch. Consistently relied upon to tackle complex problems that heavily impact your portfolio(s).
- Experience working with Product leadership, contributors, collaborators, and stakeholders who require alignment to plan, prioritize, and execute on exceptionally challenging problems.
- Experience advocating for scalable, research-backed design frameworks, architecture, and solutions. Ability to instill and standardize user-centered design principles, concepts, and practices through mentorship and design direction. Advocates for change when vision, strategy, or solution isn't of high value.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and execute them directly or via supervision, in order to continually advance the maturity of the design organization.
- Ability to seek out, validate, and drive adoption of new tooling that improves design outcomes and team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience leading and inspiring product design teams both directly and by influence. Experience working closely with other leaders in the organization in order to establish and maintain strong team processes and a healthy team culture.
- Ability to provide oversight and mentorship to both individual contributors, leads and managers, to improve outcomes for the team.
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.