- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: hootsuite.com
- Company Address: 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T4S8
About HootsuiteHootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80% of the Fortune 1000. Our unparalleled expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem help people and organizations succeed with social.
We’re looking for a Staff UX Designer to lead the creative vision, strategy, roadmap and adoption of Hootsuite’s Design System. The transformational change you lead will directly impact product consistency, cross-functional collaboration, and shared confidence in the fundamental principles upon which our product experience relies. The outcome of your effort is a consistent, cohesive, delightful and inclusive system guiding the evolution of a product people love to use. This role reports to the Senior Director, Product Design & User Experience and is based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada or the US (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Establish and lead a clear direction for the future of the Hootsuite Design System across platforms and contexts.
- Listen, collaborate, and engage with a diverse range of cross-functional stakeholders who have contributed to this ongoing discourse at Hootsuite.
- Show us what great looks like. Apply a systems mindset to match the best strategy to Hootsuite’s product and customer context.
- Continuously evaluate the health and potential of the design system, acting as an advocate and catalyst for excellence in our visual standards and product identity.
- Ensure we have a clear, incremental roadmap for the growth of a consistent, efficient component library interoperable across the product portfolio.
- Attract, engage and retain Hootsuite teams as they make the Design System a core element of the delivery process.
- Ensure core values, design principles, and visual positioning are clearly articulated as context for a comprehensive library of design elements and components.
- Ensure there is a cohesive and direct connection between design components and the product’s code base so that this system is functional and directly accelerates our ability to deliver.
- Maintain and evolve our Figma libraries, for desktop and mobile, and play a role ensuring that through the distribution of capability across teams a wave of passionate experts emerges over time.
- Define a contribution and governance model harmonizing multiple product teams.
- Drive visibility, awareness and adoption of the system through ongoing contact with teams throughout the enterprise.
- Report progress regularly including projected asks for investment and risk mitigation.
- Coach people so they are fluent in system use and contribution fundamentals.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Staff-level experience as an influential UX team member, deconstructing complex design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions.
- Direct experience creating and implementing design systems with focus on SaaS product experiences across mobile and desktop contexts.
- Proven ability to nurture key success factors around engagement, adoption, contribution and growth of a design system.
- Demonstrated creative leadership with success in system wide efforts to evolve and coalesce colour, typography, illustration, iconography, visual and motion design into a cohesive narrative.
- Ongoing fluency designing accessible and universal experiences with specific and comprehensive knowledge of WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- Proven experience designing and launching for both desktop and mobile environments.
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate strategic, visionary, creative, and user centered design solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to expertly conduct a wide range of appropriate UX design activities and drive planning and prioritization activities.
- Ability to identify opportunities and create clarity out of ambiguity. Consistently relied upon to tackle very complex problems that heavily impact multiple portfolio areas.
- Expert-level capability using industry-standard UX and UI design platforms. Ability to seek out, validate, and adopt new tooling that improves design outcomes.
- Deep expertise designing for Enterprise and B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes.
- Experience working with Product leadership, contributors, collaborators, and stakeholders who require alignment to plan, prioritize, and execute on exceptionally challenging problems.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as complex technical requirements, and incorporate them into elegant design solutions.
- Experience leading and inspiring product design teams through influence and thought leadership.
- Ability to provide technical oversight and mentorship to designers to improve outcomes for the team.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and execute them, in order to continually advance the maturity of the design organization.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Data informed and user obsessed. You build a human-centricity and emotional scaffolding into the core of your design philosophy.
- Innovator. You think forward to innovative and creative possibilities and can translate those aspirations into action.
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
- Meticulous. You care about the details and it shows in your work.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.