Technical Recruiter (12 month contract)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: hootsuite.com
- Company Address: 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T4S8
About HootsuiteHootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80% of the Fortune 1000. Our unparalleled expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem help people and organizations succeed with social.
We’re looking for a Technical Recruiter to help deliver recruiting initiatives tied to the growth of our global CTO teams. You’ll be working with the recruiting team and hiring managers to build and execute sourcing strategies to activate high-quality diverse candidate pools. You will work to ensure you drive a quality selection process in accordance with the global recruiting operations framework to deliver quality hires to the business in an effective manner. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office (post COVID19), you will report to the Manager, Talent Acquisition.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Initiate in intake meetings to fully understand the role requirements and core competencies, how those fit with business objectives, and build a comprehensive job description, job posting, and interview kits to support the selection process.
- Build candidate pools via initiatives tied to sourcing, employer brand, referrals, agency partners, networking, and any other channels suitable for driving high-quality diverse candidates.
- Effectively manage the inbound flow of internal and external candidate applications including referrals in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- Evaluate candidates based on values and competency framework, and run a comprehensive end-to-end selection process including a facilitated debrief and support hiring manager (typically Senior Manager and below) with the decision making process.
- Actively partner with our wider People team to support cross-functional projects as part of improving processes, and initiatives
- Ensure high-quality candidate and customer (internal stakeholder) experience by providing transparency and progress updates on a regular cadence.
- Ensure compliance with all hiring policies, practices, and company values across all regional locations as per SOC2 and other internal/external requirements.
- Collaborate with other TA team members on the implementation and delivery of TA specific projects and initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Some technical recruiting experience
- Experienced level in-house and/or agency recruiting experience with an extensive understanding of how to navigate within an organization to successfully make quality hires without negatively impacting other stakeholder groups.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.