- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: hootsuite.com
- Company Address: 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T4S8
About HootsuiteHootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80% of the Fortune 1000. Our unparalleled expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem help people and organizations succeed with social.
We’re looking for an Intermediate UX Designer to help us design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers on social. You’ll be working on a diverse set of UX challenges, helping to develop creative and strong user-centered solutions. This role reports to the Senior Director, Product Design & User Experience and is based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada or the US (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of your portfolio's product, business objectives, customers, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close and collaborative relationship with your agile squad: your product manager, product design lead, and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches, and deliverables.
- Independently develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
- Support your development team as they deliver products that implement your designs.
- Actively mentor other team members and better your peers through shared thought leadership and driving effective processes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Intermediate-level experience as a strong UX team member, tackling well-defined design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions.
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate creative, user-centered design solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Ability to independently conduct or participate in a wide range of appropriate UX design activities for medium complexity problems such as: user research, brainstorming, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing.
- Ability to identify opportunities, scope problems, find solutions, implement and launch. Consistently relied upon to tackle medium complexity problems that impact their portfolio.
- Proficient and effective use of industry-standard UX and UI design platforms.
- Experience designing for Enterprise and B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes.
- Experience working with researchers, product managers, developers, and other designers who are aligned to execute on medium complexity problems.
- Ability to develop a proficient understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as technical requirements, and incorporate them into elegant design solutions.
- Experience advocating for research-backed design solutions. Ability to apply user-centered design principles, concepts, and practices at the team/project level. Recognizes when solutions are not ideal and communicates to cross-functional partners.
- Experience operating confidently using existing processes. Ability to recognize when there is a breakdown or inefficiency in operations.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.