- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/20/2021
- Website: nyshex.com
- Company Address: 30 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004
About New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX)Founded in 2015, The New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX) is supporting the transformation of container shipping by solving inefficiencies associated with booking downfalls and shipment rollings.
Have you ever stopped to wonder how your computer, clothes, furniture or household goods made their way to your doorstep? Most likely, almost everything you own arrived here in a container on a container ship. It is a massive industry that we all rely on but don’t think about much because it’s been done the same way for decades without much change or innovation.
NYSHEX is a well-funded Series A startup, developing a brand-new concept that will transform and enable an industry plagued with inefficiency, volatility, and $23b of economic waste annually. The NYSHEX team is passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry we love, and we hope that you’ll be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
After successfully growing our business in North America, NYSHEX is now entering the European market and in this connection, we are looking for a strong Sales Executive to bring NYSHEX to European shippers and forwarders to rapidly grow our footprint.
At NYSHEX you’ll get to work with a fantastic group of engineers and product managers and have a direct influence on shaping our processes and product. The team here works hard and is comfortable making mistakes, with the understanding that when things go right, it can transform an institutionalized industry.
This position is based in the UK.
What you will do:
- Develop plans and target lists, build brand awareness, and initiate relationships with BCOs/NVOs in new strategic segments to increase the number of trading NYSHEX members.
- Convert inbound marketing qualified leads as well as generate your own leads through your network, industry events, and outbound sales efforts.
- Maintain a lead and opportunity pipeline in CRM (Hubspot) and identify the levers that increase conversion rates.
- Conduct presentations to target members, persuasively educating them on the value of enforceable shipping contracts through NYSHEX.
- Leverage virtual conferencing tools and conduct site visits as needed to cultivate partnerships.
- Dig deep into each segment to understand the market, customer needs, and pain points.
- Interact with and build relationships with all key stakeholders in the decision-making process to close the business.
- Provide a product-market fit feedback loop into product management for tech enhancement.
- Work closely with NYSHEX Operations and Member Services to ensure successful onboarding and excellent first trade experience.
- Build relationships on the ground with carrier sales executives and other industry stakeholders to develop new opportunities.
- Contribute to digital marketing campaigns with market feedback and the drafting of content to drive initiatives in key segments.
- Play a critical role in the execution of conferences and PR events to promote the company and brand.
Who you are/What you have done:
- 3+ years of experience of demonstrated success in sales roles within the shipping industry required.
- You have high emotional intelligence and sense of professionalism.
- True consultative business approach with your clients.
- Comfortable building relationships at all levels from the booking team to senior executives.
- Dynamic presentation and public speaking skills.
- Display strong closing techniques throughout the sales cycle.
- Strong networking capabilities.
- Ability to work within a team and independently and in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities.
Bonus points if you:
- Have a network of BCOs/NVOs you can tap into today.
- Have experience selling shipping technology, SaaS, exchanges or marketplaces.
- Have experience generating new business for a startup or small organization.
Why you should consider this role:
This is a hunting, versus a farming sales position with significant bonus potential. The right individual for this role is one who can formulate a vision for success and is relentless in pursuing it. In this role, you’ll chart your own course and have full support and autonomy to be successful.