- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/20/2021
- Website: nyshex.com
- Company Address: 30 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004
About New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX)Founded in 2015, The New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX) is supporting the transformation of container shipping by solving inefficiencies associated with booking downfalls and shipment rollings.
Have you ever stopped to wonder how your computer, clothes, furniture or household goods made their way to your doorstep? Most likely, almost everything you own arrived here in a container on a container ship. It is a massive industry that we all rely on but don’t think about much because it’s been done the same way for decades without much change or innovation.
NYSHEX is a well-funded Series A startup, developing a brand-new concept that will transform and enable an industry plagued with inefficiency, volatility, and $23b of economic waste annually. The NYSHEX team is passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry we love, and we hope that you’ll be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
As the Europe Account Manager, you will have the opportunity to join our team at a very early stage. You will play a key role in helping to grow our business and maintaining member satisfaction. The role will also provide opportunity to collaborate with various NYSHEX departments and stakeholders in the shipping industry.
At NYSHEX you’ll get to work with a fantastic group of engineers and product managers and have a direct influence on shaping our processes and product. The team here works hard and is comfortable making mistakes, with the understanding that when things go right, it can transform an institutionalized industry.
This is a remote opportunity in the UK.
As a Europe Account Manager, you will:
- Be the face of company for your member segments
- Be responsible for member retention and volume growth
- Assisting to onboard new shipper members to ensure they are set up for success on NYSHEX
- Develop close relationships with shipper members and a detailed understanding of their business needs and their key stakeholder
- Collaborate with our performance management team to consistently use data to help shippers stay on track of commitments and demonstrate the value of the NYSHEX mission
- Be the focal point of assistance for any support needed, ensuring any obstacles are resolved and overcome
- Partner with the NYSHEX product & engineering teams to continually enhance our technology offerings
- Help provide feedback to rest of organization on shipper challenges while taking proactive actions to mitigate negative member experiences
You will need:
- 4 years+ of experience in container shipping, ideally with a background in sales and/or trade
- Passion to provide superior customer experience
- Ability to form effective and enduring relationships with shippers and outside stakeholders
- Keen attention to detail
- Creative problem solving skills
- Determined and optimistic mindset
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
What you have to look forward to:
Our culture promotes a dynamic, exciting, and challenging work environment with opportunities for learning and growth. Our team is passionate about building great tech and besides being great at their jobs, are also classical musicians, surfers, gamers, and foodies.
We provide a competitive compensation package, 401k plan, unlimited vacation days and an opportunity for you to share in the success of the company with stock options/equity
If this opportunity sounds exciting to you, apply now with your resume and tell us little about yourself!