- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: nyshex.com
- Company Address: 30 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004
About New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX)Founded in 2015, The New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX) is supporting the transformation of container shipping by solving inefficiencies associated with booking downfalls and shipment rollings.
Have you ever stopped to wonder how your computer, clothes, furniture, or household goods made their way to your doorstep? Most likely, almost everything you own arrived here in a container on a container ship. It is a massive industry that we all rely on but don’t think about much because it’s been done the same way for decades without much change or innovation.
NYSHEX is a well-funded Series A startup, developing a brand-new concept that will transform and enable an industry plagued with inefficiency, volatility, and $23b of economic waste annually. The NYSHEX team is passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers, and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry we love, and we hope that you’ll be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
We expect the Product team to come up with effective solutions that are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement). In the role of Senior Product Manager, you will need to be able to influence your team members, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
What you will do:
- Work closely with business and technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to bring exceptional value to the market.
- Become an expert on the ocean freight market, understanding the needs of ocean carriers and global shippers
- Conduct surveys and interviews with industry experts at multiple levels to better understand and address customer pain points.
- Own features from concept to testing and iteration.
- Help drive product innovation and culture within NYSHEX while ensuring we stay true to our mission and vision.
Who you are/What you have done:
- You have 4+ years experience working on technology-powered products in an agile environment
- Applied understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- You have a genuine interest in learning about the functional areas of our business – engineering, design, finance, sales, and marketing.
- You possess a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Human–Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, or related STEM disciplines.
- You have a passion for figuring out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
What you can look forward to:
Our diverse culture promotes a dynamic, exciting, and challenging work environment with opportunities for learning and growth. Our team is passionate about building great tech and besides being great at their jobs, are also classical musicians, surfers, gamers, athletes, and foodies.
We provide a competitive compensation package, 401k plan, unlimited vacation days and an opportunity for you to share in the success of the company with stock options/equity. Come join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, ethnicity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or physical ability.