- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: nyshex.com
- Company Address: 30 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004
About New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX)Founded in 2015, The New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX) is supporting the transformation of container shipping by solving inefficiencies associated with booking downfalls and shipment rollings.
Have you ever stopped to wonder how your computer, clothes, furniture, or household goods made their way to your doorstep? Most likely, almost everything you own arrived here in a container on a container ship. It is a massive industry that we all rely on but don’t think about much because it’s been done the same way for decades without much change or innovation.
NYSHEX is a well-funded Series A startup, developing a brand-new concept that will transform and enable an industry plagued with inefficiency, volatility, and $23b of economic waste annually. The NYSHEX team is passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers, and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry we love, and we hope that you will be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
What you will do:
- Build Manage and support highly resilient, scalable microservice-based systems to support business needs
- Build and deploy infrastructure in AWS, using infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform and Packer
- Develop and improve monitoring and incident alerting systems as part of a comprehensive approach to outages and site performance
- Collaborate with engineers on overall system architecture while considering availability, scaling, and maintainability
- Constantly work to identify and mitigate security concerns, performance gaps, and scalability bottlenecks
- Contribute to formal development and adoption of organizational policies
Who you are:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building, managing, and scaling 24/7 cloud infrastructures. AWS required.
- Experience with container orchestration services (ECS, Kubernetes, etc.) strongly preferred
- A strong command of system security and resiliency designs and best practices
- Experience managing the following tools in production including Docker, Kafka, and relational databases
- A thorough knowledge of networking, CDNs, and load balancing
- Contributed to implementation of infrastructure and security policies and procedures
- Possesses a solid mix of initiative, imagination, and work ethic
- Understands what it takes to work at a start-up, including the need to ‘wear multiple hats’
- Experience coding in Terraform preferred
- JVM ecosystem familiarity preferred
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related field is preferred
What you can look forward to:
Our diverse culture promotes a dynamic, exciting, and challenging work environment with opportunities for learning and growth. Our team is passionate about building great tech and besides being great at their jobs, are also classical musicians, surfers, gamers, athletes, and foodies.
We provide a competitive compensation package, 401k plan, unlimited vacation days and an opportunity for you to share in the success of the company with stock options/equity. Come join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, ethnicity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or physical ability.