Vice President, Enterprise Analytics and Data Science
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: hootsuite.com
- Company Address: 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T4S8
About HootsuiteHootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80% of the Fortune 1000. Our unparalleled expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem help people and organizations succeed with social.
We’re looking for a Vice President of Enterprise Analytics and Data Science, to lead all aspects of our data experience, ranging from data acquisition and integration, to core operational and product data methodologies, to functional oversight of day-to-day data processing and quality control, to product management of all data access tools, to supporting the internal customers of the resulting data asset. This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes utilizing information and analytics.
This role is remote and can be based out of Vancouver or Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the team responsible for building and managing the technical infrastructure, data platform and visualization technologies, and all aspects of data analytics efforts.
- Establish data science as a discipline and unite the analytics, data engineering, and machine learning efforts across the company.
- Drive, mentor, and motivate the organization to focus on continuous operational excellence and the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders.
- Own and develop the vision, strategy, and execution for global enterprise data & advanced analytics, ensuring scalability of systems processes and talent.
- Design, build and drive overall strategy, governance, methodology, and roadmap for the processes, systems, tools and capabilities required to produce and maintain core data assets, OKRs, KPIs, metrics and resulting predictive analytics
- Drive both strategic and tactical execution. apply statistical and data science methods to the wealth of available data stored in variety of internal and external data stores to generate critical actionable insights to inform the organization’s strategy to help meet the changing business needs and drive the decision-making process
- Consult with key internal stakeholders to ensure organizational research needs are met and all data collection and analytics efforts are streamlined and optimized.
- Develop, implement and utilize machine learning algorithms and data science approaches
- Partner with multiple business stakeholders and cross-functional teams to design, develop and execute data science projects and/or build out of machine learning products with the urgency appropriated for the business objectives
- Implement and follow reproducible, auditable, collaborative development practices.
- Ensure the team has the right tools, processes and agile principles in place to deliver work that is on time and to specification.
- Focus on automation and utilizing technology to provide repeatable solutions; drive optimization and efficiency initiatives to support reduced cycle time.
- Monetizing data and information. Find ways to leverage existing enterprise data and information in company’s products and services.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related field.
- Extensive experience working in data pipelines, data warehouse, data analytics, data science, machine learning, data visualization, and business intelligence.
- Ability to work with different data architectures to derive insights and build analytic solutions.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute integrated analytics strategies, and track and measure results.
- Demonstrated extensive experience ideating, designing, building, applying and automating mathematical models and data science methods, statistical analyses, predictive analytics, and modeling, to provide repeatable solutions.
- Proven ability to oversee global data governance and data integrity protocols and procedures.
- Proven ability to manage data insights and analytics, including enterprise dashboards and support the creation of functional dashboards in partnership with business functions.
- Experience with business driven / self-service BI
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven leadership building data analytics, data science or data engineering teams with the ability to motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- A passion for solving complex system and data challenges and desire to thrive in a constantly innovating and changing environment
- Outstanding business acumen with an understanding of business drivers and of how to drive value to the customer.
- Ability to translate business needs to analytic requirements and interpret the results of complex data analysis and communicate them to broad audiences.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects, even in the face of uncertainty
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.