- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: nyshex.com
- Company Address: 30 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004
About New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX)Founded in 2015, The New York Shipping Exchange (NYSHEX) is supporting the transformation of container shipping by solving inefficiencies associated with booking downfalls and shipment rollings.
Have you ever stopped to wonder how your computer, clothes, furniture, or household goods made their way to your doorstep? Most likely, almost everything you own arrived here in a container on a container ship. It is a massive industry that we all rely on but don’t think about much because it’s been done the same way for decades without much change or innovation.
NYSHEX is a well-funded Series A startup, developing a brand-new concept that will transform and enable an industry plagued with inefficiency, volatility, and $23b of economic waste annually. The NYSHEX team is passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers, and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry we love, and we hope that you’ll be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
The Lead Product Designer will be accountable for ensuring the solution is usable (that users can figure out how to get value from the product) and engineers UX outcomes. This means that in this role that you will contribute to your product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business. You will provide the product team a deep knowledge of our users and customers, and how our customers engage with our products. In addition, you will be expected to understand industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to the product.
What you will do:
- Help build the product vision for the NYSHEX platform
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design solutions that excite customers.
- Participate in design sessions and build prototypes to test new concepts
- Host design review sessions to solicit feedback and continuously improve the NYSHEX design system.
- Build high fidelity designs and work with product and engineering to ensure a seamless handoff.
Who you are/What you have done:
- You have 4+ years experience working on technology-powered products.
- Highly proficient with digital design and software prototyping tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- You have a genuine interest in learning the functional areas of our business – engineering, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Willingness to engage with engineers and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Human–Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Design Engineering, Industrial or Graphic Design, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
What you can look forward to:
Our diverse culture promotes a dynamic, exciting, and challenging work environment with opportunities for learning and growth. Our team is passionate about building great tech and besides being great at their jobs, are also classical musicians, surfers, gamers, athletes, and foodies.
We provide a competitive compensation package, 401k plan, unlimited vacation days and an opportunity for you to share in the success of the company with stock options/equity. Come join us!