- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 06/10/2021
- Website: workjam.com
- Company Address: 388 St-Jacques, Floor 9, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1S1
About WorkJamWorkJam empowers the digital workplace with shift-based and hourly workers to manage and optimize their employee-employer relationship.
WorkJam is leading the charge in redefining employee engagement for the hourly-work economy.
Bring your competitive spirit, your love of innovation, and your desire to be at the forefront of an evolutionary change in our digital workforce. Now is the time to become a part of an exciting company where your ideas, passion and commitment to excellence will have a direct impact on the products that we build, the new markets we create and the people that we engage.
Join our team for an intellectually challenging, fun and rewarding career as we transform the digital workplace.
Our team is passionate about building technology that improves people’s lives. While we constantly push each other to perform and innovate, we enjoy a collaborative environment where we often let loose and have fun. Join our team for an intellectually challenging, fun and rewarding career as we transform the field of hourly workforce management.
The ideal candidate is an incredibly bright, self-motivated, inventive Android Developer with real-world experience building sophisticated native apps within the rapidly evolving Android eco-system, smartphone and tablet devices.
What you will be doing:
• Develop consumer-facing native Android applications for all Android Devices and Tablets
• Collaborate with a team of experienced designers, engineers, project managers and QA professionals
• Work closely with your iOS Peers to insure consistency of UI and Product Feature Sets.
• Technologies used: Moshi, Retrofit, Rx, Dagger, Firebase, Roboectric, Espresso, Swagger
What you need to bring to this position:
• BS/MS Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in a professional software development position
• 2+ years of Android OS app development experience
• Solid Object-oriented programming and design experience
• Working technical knowledge of Kotlin for Android
• Demonstrated experience working with the Android SDK
• Practical experience implementing RESTful web services and JSON.
• General understanding of Android Design Patterns, Coding Conventions, Human Interface Guidelines
• Experience with commonly used 3rd party libraries and services
• Worked in an Agile / Scrum development team that promoted software development best practices, such as automated testing, code reviews, vulnerability management and DevOps techniques.
• Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Good understanding of Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket).
• Collaborative individual who works well in a team as well as an individual setting.
• Problem solver and critical thinker.
• Quality driven, customer focused.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Published an application to the Google Play Store