- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 06/10/2021
- Website: workjam.com
- Company Address: 388 St-Jacques, Floor 9, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1S1
About WorkJamWorkJam empowers the digital workplace with shift-based and hourly workers to manage and optimize their employee-employer relationship.
WorkJam is leading the charge in redefining the digital workplace for the hourly-work economy. Our team possesses passion, energy, and the drive to both win and to make a difference in the world.
Bring your competitive spirit, your love of innovation, and your desire to be at the forefront of an evolutionary change in our digital workforce. Now is the time to become a leader in an exciting, fast growing company where your ideas, passion and commitment to excellence will have a direct impact on the products that we build, the new markets we create and the people that we engage.
In accordance with our company values, candidates must be respectful and inclusive of others. At WorkJam, we strive to be honest, respectful, caring, and humble. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion. We share information openly and proactively. We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed.
Join our team for an intellectually challenging, fun and rewarding career as we transform the digital workplace!
About the WorkJam Platform
WorkJam is the leading employee engagement suite empowering the digital workplace for shift-based, hourly and non-desk workers. WorkJam manages and optimizes the entire employee-employer cycle with dynamic mobile communication and workforce management to drive operational efficiency and productivity. Learn more about WorkJam at WorkJam.com.
What you will be doing:
As a squad member, you will:
- Develop and maintain the back-end services powering our consumer-facing applications that deliver a seamless, rich experience to Web and Mobile Platforms.
- Support and enhance the foundations for a distributed Web application architecture, maintaining a high level of performance and quality.
- Exemplify our standard for quality of application development with elegant, scalable, clean code.
- Collaborate with a growing team of experienced designers, engineers, project managers and QA professionals.
What you need to bring to this position:
- BS Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields
- Recognized experience in Java back-end development with the following technologies: JDK 8+, Spring, Microservices, REST, Git, JUnit, mocking frameworks.
- Eligible to work in Canada (citizen, permanent resident or post graduate work permit holder)
- Experience working with NOSQL databases.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Cloud-based SaaS application development and GCP.
- Worked in an Agile / Scrum development team that promoted software development best practices, such as automated testing, code reviews, vulnerability management and DevOps techniques.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Good understanding of Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket).
- Collaborative individual who works well in a team as well as an individual setting.
- Problem solver and critical thinker.
- Quality driven, customer focused.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in front-end development with React and Redux.
- Experience in Go development in a microservices architecture and unit testing