- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 06/10/2021
- Website: workjam.com
- Company Address: 388 St-Jacques, Floor 9, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1S1
About WorkJamWorkJam empowers the digital workplace with shift-based and hourly workers to manage and optimize their employee-employer relationship.
WorkJam is leading the charge in redefining employee engagement for the hourly-work economy.
Bring your competitive spirit, your love of innovation, and your desire to be at the forefront of an evolutionary change in our digital workforce. Now is the time to become a part of an exciting company where your ideas, passion and commitment to excellence will have a direct impact on the products that we build, the new markets we create and the people that we engage.
Our team is passionate about building technology that improves people’s lives. While we constantly push each other to perform and innovate, we enjoy a collaborative environment where we often let loose and have fun. Join our team for an intellectually challenging, fun and rewarding career as we transform the field of hourly workforce management.
In accordance with our company values, candidates must be respectful and inclusive of others. At WorkJam, we strive to be honest, respectful, caring, and humble. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion. We share information openly and proactively. We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed.
About the WorkJam platform:
WorkJam’s mobile-first digital workplace platform is built to enable employers to better communicate with their hourly workers, enhance employee self-service and improve the customer experience through a more motivated and engaged staff. For employees, WorkJam delivers more control over their schedule providing improved work-life balance, as well as the opportunity to develop skills and maximize their economic well-being.
What you need to bring to this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design or equivalent.
- Expertise with web application development including responsive and adaptive development.
- Expertise in CSS and building layout based on best practices.
- Expertise in web frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS, Redux, jQuery).
- Strong understanding of functional and OO programming paradigms.
- Understanding of Git version control.
- Understanding of common design patterns.
- Understanding and expertise using development and build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Babel, NodeJS).
- Strong understanding of unit-testing and TDD development.
- Understanding of web server basics: cookies, database structures, REST, SOAP.
- Collaborative individual who works well in a team, or individual setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to match your UI to any design in a cross-browser environment.
- Able to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion.
- Strong time management skills and accountability.
What is nice to have:
- Understanding of type systems (TypeScript, Flow).
- A Github account where to show off the work done.
- Experience with jest as testing framework.
- Experience with State Management tools such as Redux or MobX.
- Experience with WordPress a bonus
*Must be eligible to work in Canada*