- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise Software
- Post Date: 06/10/2021
- Website: workjam.com
- Company Address: 388 St-Jacques, Floor 9, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1S1
About WorkJamWorkJam empowers the digital workplace with shift-based and hourly workers to manage and optimize their employee-employer relationship.
WorkJam is leading the charge in redefining the digital workplace for the hourly-work economy. Our team possesses passion, energy, and the drive to both win and to make a difference in the world.
Bring your competitive spirit, your love of innovation, and your desire to be at the forefront of an evolutionary change in our digital workforce. Now is the time to become a leader in an exciting, fast growing company where your ideas, passion and commitment to excellence will have a direct impact on the products that we build, the new markets we create and the people that we engage.
In accordance with our company values, candidates must be respectful and inclusive of others. At WorkJam, we strive to be honest, respectful, caring, and humble. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion. We share information openly and proactively. We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed.
Join our team for an intellectually challenging, fun and rewarding career as we transform the digital workplace!
About the WorkJam Platform
WorkJam is the leading employee engagement suite empowering the digital workplace for shift-based, hourly and non-desk workers. WorkJam manages and optimizes the entire employee-employer cycle with dynamic mobile communication and workforce management to drive operational efficiency and productivity. Learn more about WorkJam at WorkJam.com.
The Squad Leads devote approximately half their time to guiding and organizing an agile team while contributing to the development process according to their specific skill set. In this position, you will be ensuring that your team is motivated, focused, and delivering great software, working closely with your team members, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, the Release Management team, DevOps team and other stakeholders. You’ll be the voice of the team communicating technical needs and changes, and you’ll be the right hand of the Development Manager for your team.
What you will be doing
As a squad member, you will:
- Guiding stories through the development process by ensuring requirements are sufficiently elaborated, leading estimation, and ensuring quality and completeness of deliveries.
- Ensuring the team capacity by approving the timesheets and vacation requests.
- Performing performance review along with the Development Manager.
- Participating in the release process, troubleshooting deployments, and triaging release-related issues.
- Ensuring testing, monitoring and tooling strategies are promoted in the team and in line with company best practices.
- Communicating relevant technical decisions and roadblocks to other development teams and stakeholders.
- Contributing to the improvement of the software development process, including tooling, agile ceremonies, and more.
- Mentoring and coaching other team members on a daily basis, participating in performance evaluations, and cultivating team spirit.
- Assisting with recruitment, including screening candidates and conducting interviews.
- Contribute to the software development of the product.
- Consistent and repeatable release engineering.
- Enhance and develop monitoring, alerting, and testing processes.
- Work closely with multiple teams to ensure shipping software.
- Writing, updating, and using documentation, including runbooks/playbooks.
- Perform maintenance, security audits, technical reviews, and more.
- Automate work for infrastructure, testing, failover, mitigation, and more.
- Debug problems, provide clear diagnosis, and resolve with solid solutions.
- Rotating on-call, triage, and communication duties.
What you need to bring to this position
- BS Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields
- At least 3 working in an Agile / Scrum development team that promoted software development best practices, such as automated testing, code reviews, vulnerability management and DevOps techniques.
- At least 2 years experience in a Squad Lead position.
- Strong collaborator and team player with the ability to bridge communication gaps that commonly occur between teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally well-organized, pragmatic, and transparent.
- Creative problem solver.
- Quality driven, customer focused.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Good understanding of Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket)
- Eligible to work in Canada (citizen, permanent resident or post graduate work permit holder)
- Professional experience in a software development environment in Java back-end development with the following technologies: JDK 8+, Spring, Microservices, REST, Git, JUnit, mocking frameworks.
- Professional experience in front-end development with React and Redux.
- Experience with Cloud-based SaaS application development and GCP / AWS.
- Experience working with NOSQL databases.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines.