- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev
- Industry: Transportation & Mobility
- Post Date: 04/28/2021
- Website: shyftmoving.com
- Company Address:
About Shyft MovingShyft is a technology company focused on developing a state-of-the-art lump-sum solution for relocation management companies and HR mobility departments within corporations that will allow employees the freedom to live and move anywhere in the world.
We’re on a mission to change the relocation industry. Our vision? A moving experience that’s seamless and stress-free. (The way it should be.)
Our next-gen tech helps corporate transferees relocate more easily, moving companies service more customers, and consultants facilitate everything in between. We offer end-to-end solutions for corporate relocation, supplier bidding, and payments. Our video survey tool is recognized by customers globally as the best way to empower relocatees in the moving process.
Based in the SF Bay Area, we have our European hubs in Belgrade, Serbia and Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and team members all around the world.
We’ve raised our Series A round, and are growing rapidly! You can learn more about us at shyftmoving.com.
About the Position
Shyft Product Managers work with engineers, designers, operations personnel, and data scientists to build products that define the relocation technology industry and delight our customers. We are hiring an entrepreneurial-minded Product Manager to oversee the ideation and execution of specific initiatives in our overall product strategy.
As a leader, you will need to comprehensively own new and existing initiatives across the company and be responsible for their execution. You will see your products through from start to finish -- and beyond, to live operations. You will identify the correct stakeholders and drive coherent planning processes so that user experience, revenue projections, operational costs, production schedule, and core business needs are effectively accounted for. The product management team will review and analyze your plans, so you must articulate your ideas clearly and efficiently.
This position reports to the Senior Product Manager. Shyft has many interdependent products. Therefore the person in this position will be involved with both initiatives that they own, and ones that are owned by others.
To succeed here you will need to proactively determine what your priorities are and be able to execute on them in harmony with the engineers, other product managers, stakeholders, and executives. Many opportunities mean many decisions, so you will need to use a data-driven approach to craft business cases that communicate your vision and inspire others.
We are hiring globally, this is a fully remote position.
- Independently analyse ambiguous and complicated situations to build a consensus around a strong product roadmap
- Implement process for turning the shared vision into highly detailed product requirements, and then oversee their iterative development
- Define the metrics that quantify success and then hold your products accountable to them, making decisions proactively
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, operations team leaders, marketing specialists, and sales people -- demonstrating efficient communication between them
- Incorporate a strong understanding of Shyft’s strategic and competitive position in the market into the roadmap
- Ensure that data, market research, customer experience feedback, and opportunities to experiment drive strategy
- Identify and capitalize on a significant product, organizational, and operational opportunities
- Creatively optimize our user experience, internal processes, and payment flows to maximize the results of our efforts
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and executives while maintaining focus and on the initiatives that are your responsibility
- 3+ years of experience in consumer or enterprise software development including at least 1 complete product life cycles
- Proven track record of achieving goals in both new product development and live operations on existing products
- Technical understanding of software development including data modelling, dev ops, API design, and the types of frameworks which enable web and mobile app creation
- Battle-tested project management skills with hands-on experience using agile tools such as Notion or Jira
- Ability to use data to create business solutions
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- STEM or business undergraduate degree
- Background in payments
- MBA, MS or equivalent
- Experience in product operations